This period property which is based in the Primrose Hill conservation area, was built in the mid 1800’s. Part of Chalcot Square, it had a long, overgrown and rather dense garden.
The build was completed in the summer of 2014, the original London yellow brick garden walls were freed from a heavy blanket of dark Ivy. Smooth modern cut sandstone paving adds a level of refinement to the patio area around the house and a lower level parterre is paved with coarse red brick and ornate edging. At night the garden is lit, offering views which extend the feeling of space from the house.
The planting consists of gravel beds with relaxed perennials in shades of pink, blue and white. These are set off by edges of formal clipped box, which add formality and balance the design. Climbers were chosen to creep over the walls and will give off heady scents all year round.
The new terrace is designed for entertaining and the seating area offers a place to relax and look out towards the garden. Beautiful large jars and sculptures decorate the garden and draw the eye through it.